I’ve told you all before that I’m a book nerd. Since it’s Self Love February I thought I share some self love books that are meant to help you cultivate the best relationship with yourself possible.
Some of you are probably looking at the screen like what? “Self help?? Hard pass. I’m not into that”. I used to think the same way. Hear me out for a second.
As we know self love isn’t easy and it’s a constant revolution. Thankfully there are life coaches and best selling authors who dropped a few breadcrumbs to teach you how to relax, practice self care or create a positive mindset.
Here are some self love books should help you on your journey.
Self Love Books by Name and Author
- The Self Love Experiment- Shannon Kaiser
- What a Time to Be Alone – Chidera Eggrue
- You are a Badass – Jen Sincere
- Girl Stop Apologizing – Rachel Hollis
- Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown
- Perfect is Boring – Tyra Banks
- Radical Self Love – Gala Darling
- Pretty Happy – Kate Hudson
- Badass Affirmations – Becca Andersen
- Becoming Wise – Krista Tippett
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Surprised by Joy – C. S Lewis
- When Things Fall Apart – Pema Chodron
- The Course of Love Alain de Botton
- Love in My Language – Alexandra Elle
- Braving the Wilderness – Brene Brown
- Start Where you Are – Meera Lee Patel
- How to Love Yourself and Sometimes Other People – Lodro Rinzler & Meggan Watterson
- I Love Me – David R Hamilton
- Unfu*k Yourself – Gary John Bishop
- Beautiful You – Rosie Molinary
- Becoming Whole – Bruce Alan Kehr
- Mastering your Mean Girl – Melissa Ambrosini
- The Body is Not an Apology – Sonya Reese Taylor
- EMpowering Women Louise Hay
- 5 Love Languages – Gary Chapman
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
- Unfiltered How to be as Happy as You Look on Social Media – Jessica Abo
- Year of Yes – Shonda Rhimes
- Spirit Junkie – Gabrielle Bernstien
- I am That Girl – Alexis Jones
- Stop Doing That Sh*t – Gary John Bishop
- Girl Wash your Face – Rachel Hollis
There is a mix of books in here. Some are more autobiographical like Girl Wash Your Face. Others are journals like Start Where You Are. Every writing style isn’t for everyone. So just because you pick up one and it doesn’t resonate mean you dump the entire genre away. Find one that works for you.
I’ve already read a few of these (the ones in bold) but I’m hoping to make it through this entire list- eventually.
Have you read any of these?