For the entire month of February, I (and others) focused in on self love via the IWWB Self Love Challenge. Since the month has closed, I thought it’d be nice to do a round up of some of my favorite self love quotes meant for inspiring, boosting and elevating self love.
Affirmations and quotes are my thing if y’all haven’t figured it out yet. These little one liners have helped me in my self love journey. Hopefully they can do the same for you
40 Self Love Quotes
- Be your own reason to smile
- Your greatest responsibility is to love yourself and to know you are enough.
- Reminder: Love Yourself More
- Be you. Do you. Love you for you.
- You were born to be real , not to be perfect
- Be kinder to yourself.
- I am loved. I shine bright.
- Do you boo.
- Know your worth, then add tax
- Healing is an art. It takes time, practice and love.
- What if you dedicates a year to loving yourself more?
- Own who you are
- Enjoy your own company
- Even if it makes others uncomfortable I will love who I am. – Janelle Monae
- Self esteem mean knowing you are the dream – Oprah Winfrey
- Success is liking yourself, likeing what you do and liking how you do it. – Maya Angelou
- I was built this way for a reason so I’m going to use it. – Simone Biles
- You are your best thing. – Toni Morrison
- I must undertake to love myself and respect myself as though my very life depends on upon self love and self respect. – June Jordan
- One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract your from your goals. – Michelle Obama
- Caring for myself is not self-indulgence. It is self preservation and that is an act of political warfare. – Audre Lorde
- If we give our children sound self love they will be able to deal with whatever life puts before them – Bell Hooks
- I need to see my own beauty and continue to be reminded that I am enough. – Tracee Ellis Ross
- You’ve got to learn to leave the table when love’s no longer being served. – Nina Simone
- Self Care is a priority and we have to do it more. – Ava Duvernay
- It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it. – Lena Horne
- Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make it yourself. – Alice Walker
- If you prioritize yourself, you are going to save yourself. – Gabrielle Union
- I have learned that it is no one else’s job to take care of me but me. – Beyonce
- I have standards I don’t plan on lowering for anybody, including myself. – Zendaya
- When you take care of yourself, you are a better person for others. – Solange
- But what I can do is start with me, living each day , embracing who I am. – Danielle Brooks
- Pledge that you will look in the mirror and ind the unique beauty in you. – Tyra Banks
- I realized that beauty was not a things that I could acquire or consume. it was something I just had to be. – Lupita Nyongo
- I don’t have to be perfect. All I have to do is show up and enjoy the messy imperfect and beautiful journey of my life. – Kerry Washington
- You can’t be hesitant about who you are. – Viola Davis
- I’m not ashamed of what I am and that I have curves and that I’m thick. I like my body. – Alicia Keys
- When I’m tired, I rest. I say I can’t be superwoman today. – Jada Pinkett Smith
- A great figure is nice but it’s self-confidence that makes someone really sexy. – Vivica Fox
- Just be honest and true to yourself. – Meagan Good
Which self love quote is your fav?
P.S – I announced the winner of the challenge on Tuesday 2 March. Hopefully the winner loved her prize.
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe below and never miss a beat!